Tuesday, January 4, 2011

good bye holidays hello winter

The holidays are officially over now that it is January 4th. I count the holidays as going through my birthday. We had a great and busy Christmas. We spent Christmas Eve in Charlottesville, Carter, jack and I opened presents in the afternoon, then we went to a Christmas Eve party with Carter's parents. Jack was a sweet boy and slept through almost the whole party. After wards, we went home and Santa had come early. Christmas day, Carter went to work for the next 30 hours, so Jack and I drove to Richmond and hopped on a plane. We spent 5 days in Omaha and Jack finally got to meet his Uncle Ben. Jack hung out with Nick and Abby. Jack was royally spoiled and I am now looking for some sort of toy box that doesn't look like a toy box for the living room.

 For New Year's it was questionable if I would have to work New Years Day after being cancelled on the Eve, so we grilled some steaks, made some potatoes and I was in bed by 9.  Not that I needed anything else to remind me of how old I was getting.

My birthday was pretty quiet. Carter's on night float this week so he brought me home some cookies and flowers at 10 am and went to bed. Jack and I went to Starbucks to get my free drink, had a long trip to Target and took a nap. Not a pretty bad day on my end. I was lucky enough not to have to make dinner a, because it was my birthday and b. because the oven keeps catching on fire when we turn it on. Jack wanted to keep telling me Happy Birthday all night long, so he woke up about every hour and a half. Wasn't that so sweet of him...

On a Jack note, he is busy, moving, and questionably suicidal :). In the past two days he has tried to throw himself out of his bumbo that was on the table while we were eating breakfast and then arched back in the tub and dunked himself. He was obviously fine after both events, and probably wouldn't have been phased by either if it werent for his mom frantically grabbing him and scaring him to death. Need less to say he can't be left alone anywhere.
Alright hopefully will post more often..
Here is the little man...

A package from when Unlcle Scotty is home

Sleeping at a UVA BBall game

With Grandpa at the game


Before opening presents

Santa Came!!

The Boo

Jack and Daddy in Christmas Jammies

PLaying with my new toys at Grandma and Grandpa's

So Happy

about 2 seconds before he tried to throw himself off the table

Chunky Monkey

No comments:

Post a Comment